A family home at 207 Poplar Street is being rebuilt by ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition beginning this weekend The show is a spinoff of Extreme Makeover in which a family’s house, including all rooms, exterior and
landscaping, is made over by a team of builders and designers in seven
days while the family goes off on vacation.
If you are interested in volunteering for the construction or production side there will be a table set up near the house during Saturday’s demolition. Streets are closed and parking is limited (see details below).
Someone excited about the subjunctive mood wrote this piece:
"Our proposed start date would be this Thursday, November 30th, 2006. We would arrive early in the morning and then work continuously (24 hr days) for the following eight days, demolishing and rebuilding a brand new home. We would illuminate the house in order to work at night, and production would continue, uninterrupted, until the end of the day on
Friday, December 8th, 2006. A small cleanup crew would also remain in the area for up to a week, to make sure the neighborhood is cleaned and returned in the same condition as when we arrived.
Please note that we have applied with the City/County for Road Closures and the posting of "No Parking Anytime" Areas that would be in affect 24 hours per day beginning 11/30/06 at 6:00 am and ending 12/9/06 at 12:00 pm, to facilitate the safe and timely delivery of equipment and materials to the job site. Residents living within the closure areas would be able to enter and exit their homes without interruption. Please exercise caution and proceed slowly through these areas. Postal service, garbage collection, newspaper delivery and other municipal services would not be interrupted. The following areas would be affected:
No Parking Zones:
- Both sides of Blount Street from Delway Street to Mulberry Street
- Both sides of Poplar Street from Blount Street to Wake Forest Road
- Both sides of Marshall Streets 1 & 2 from Poplar Street to Mulberry Street Road Closures
- Blount St at Delway St, at Oak Chase Ln, at Cedar St and at Mulberry Street
- Poplar St at Blount Street and at Mordecai Drive
- Marshall Streets 1 & 2 at Poplar Street and at Mulberry Street
- Person Street at Poplar Street
- Mulberry Street at Marshall Street"